Work With Us
Elegant Garden Design is located in Vancouver, WA. We have a vision to bring engaging, rustic silhouettes to homes and yards around the world. We are a family-owned business that instills respect, accountability, excellence and fun in our team members and we are always looking for talented and dedicated individuals to join us in our journey.
Head of Fulfillment / Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
We need help shipping our beautiful rusty metal birds. Our goal is to have our nature inspired garden art visible from 2,000,000 kitchen windows. That is a lot of windows and a lot of shipping. Do you want to lead this shipping endeavor?
Elegant Garden Design in Vancouver, WA, started from a vision to turn the owners' love of birds and other garden and woodland inhabitants into delightful, engaging, rustic metal silhouettes to bring a little nature home.
We are looking for someone with supervisory experience to lead our shipping and receiving department as our company expands. As the Head of Fulfillment, this position will be responsible for ensuring that our customers receive their simple yet elegant designs for their home and gardens in an accurate and timely manner. It is also imperative that we have fun while doing this, which is why it is one of our company’s core values.
If this describes you so far (i.e., can ship, likes birds, can supervise, likes to have fun @ work), then keep reading ...
This person must be very comfortable on computers and have knowledge of a variety of online retail platforms and shipping platforms (Seller Central sound familiar?).
Summary: Accountable for ensuring the delivery of online and wholesale orders to our customers, pulling, and both receiving and stocking inventory. Supports the company’s core focus and its values (like Having Fun), while monitoring the progress, efficiency, and ability of the direct reports assigned to them. Also responsible for the atmosphere of their department, which includes the direction, attitude, and overall effectiveness of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, prioritizes, coordinates, and assigns work flow for all aspects of shipping and receiving.
- Uses software and platforms to ship, track, check, prioritize orders and shipments.
- Conducts and leads customer service and support
- Trains new direct reports.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, scheduling, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching, counseling, training, and disciplining employees, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies and creates instructions for new tasks.
- Exercises sound judgment to determine work assignments and procedures and prioritize jobs to maximize productivity and efficiency in order to increase and promote throughput and on-time deliveries.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the assigned department(s). Directly supervises a varied amount of non-supervisory employees, which will include the Pull/Pack Associates and Customer Service Associates.
If this still describes you, we want to hear from you!
Location: Conveniently located right next to I-205 in Vancouver, WA
This is a full time, salaried supervisory position on the day shift, M-F. We offer competitive wages (DOE), health insurance, retirement plan with company match, profit sharing, and paid time off.
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please tell us how you are metrics-obsessed.
Other Requirements: valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
*anonymous email for replies
Inventory Control Coordinator/Merchandise Specialist
We need help keeping our shelves stocked with product as we transition our focus from in-person sales of our beautiful rusty metal birds to online sales. We need someone to stand up and own the entire life-cycle of our products! Our goal is to have our nature inspired garden art visible from 2,000,000 kitchen windows. That is a lot of windows and a lot of birds. Do you want to be a part of this? If so, then you might be our new Inventory Control Coordinator!
Elegant Garden Design in Vancouver, WA, started from a vision to turn the owners' love of birds and other garden and woodland inhabitants into delightful, engaging, rustic metal silhouettes to bring a little nature to every home.
We are looking for someone with mad organizing skills to support our finance department and manage every SKU as our company quickly expands.
As the Inventory Control Coordinator, this position will be responsible for the relationships with the vendors and manufacturers that want to help us create our quality metal art. Then, it involves placing orders in the quantities our customers are ready to buy so that our shelves always stay stocked with rotating merchandise. It is all about the flow. It is also imperative that we have fun while doing this, which is why it is one of our company’s core values.
If this describes you so far (i.e., scheduling ninja, likes birds, loves details, has mad flow skillz to share, likes to have fun @ work), then keep reading!
This person must be very knowledgeable with scheduling and full circle inventory management. Manufacturing experience is a huge plus.
- Ordering inventory.
- Obtains estimates and price details from different vendors to compare costs.
- Scheduling of all orders and deliveries.
- Conducts full cycle inventory counts.
- Handles all matters relating to inventory control, checking quality of product.
- Keeps inventory updated, maintains inventory records.
- Determines quality of products returned by customers.
- Coordinate marketing and sales events, including promotions, logistics, and product onboarding, in partnership with the management team. Occasionally visit retail events and shows.
- Plans, prioritizes, coordinates, and oversees workflow for all aspects of inventory.
- Owns inventory management.
- Identifies and creates instructions for new tasks and initiatives.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Report on key performance indicators.
- AA degree is a plus, not required
- 2+ years experience in directly related field required